Air Induction Systems & Engine Covers Engineer - 34422
An Air Induction Systems Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM.
The position will be a long term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £23.59 Ltd Co per hour.
This new opportunity falls the Powertrain Systems - Air Induction and Engine Cover Team.
The Air Induction Systems Engineer role will involve:
- Maintain the foundation quality tool documents for Air Induction Systems and Engine Covers. i.e. DFMEA, Boundary Diagrams etc
- Deploy new learning with the generation of New and updated Design Rules / Development Tests / Requirements for Air Induction Systems and Engine Covers
- Support of Lead Engineers to ensure technical compliance with design standards
- Lead product investigation/problem resolution of Air Induction and Engine Cover Components using recognised problem solving techniques
- Campaign Prevention Specialist for Air Induction Systems including fresh eyes events, recording results and discuss resolution within the Engineering team, maintain issues deck and drive to robust closure
- Maintaining the Design Standards Handbook and tracker documentation along with Chairing of design reviews for the Air Induction and Engine Cover Team
- Providing vehicle and air induction component test support; as required
- Conduct and document Benchmarking Activities of competitor Air Induction products
To apply for this Air Induction Systems Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Good Mechanical Engineering Related Engineering Degree
- High level of computer literacy specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Knowledge and experience of automotive vehicle systems & engineering quality tools such as DFMEA's and Failure Mode Avoidance.
- Experience of Mechanical Systems Design and the application of industry standard quality toolsets (e.g. DFMEA).
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, with a positive approach with the ability to proactively communicate within and outside of the department.
- Excellent Literacy Skills to be enable generation of Technical engineering reports and specifications.
- Current UK Driving Licence
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Air Induction Systems Engineer role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77723072