Support Engineer - Cloud & Hosting
Support Engineer - Cloud - Hosting - Windows Server - Active Directory - Office 365
If you're a customer-focused Support Engineer, with a passion for technology then read on.
We're Zen, a company that has grown from a humble provider of dial up Internet (remember that?) to a multi award-winning organisation that provides a range of connectivity, voice, hosting, cloud and security solutions across a broad range of customers and industries. And we should also mention that we were recognised as one of The Sunday Times' Best Companies To Work For in the UK.
So, about the opportunity. You'll be the first person our corporate customers will call if they have any issues with their Cloud or Hosting service. You could be fixing a customers' web server one minute and then resolving a problem with inter-site virtual machine replication the next. The variety of technologies you'd be looking after means no two days will be the same; AWS, VMware, Office 365, Veeam and more, are all in scope and present opportunities for you to either deepen your knowledge or learn new skills.
Although support is the primary focus, we'll also give you exposure to projects within the business which improve our infrastructure and enables us to better service our customers.
All we ask of you is to have experience of the following:
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of support requirements for Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and Office 365
- Good understanding of virtualisation technologies including managing and maintaining VMware-based solutions and managing Veeam backups
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- Experience of working in high-volume technical support environments.
And if you have any of these, then that would be a bonus. However, don't worry if you haven't - still apply as we'll upskill you in the necessary areas
- Experience and knowledge of Linux in a professional hosting environment
- Competent understanding of MS SQL and/or MySQL including basic database administration
- AWS infrastructure support to technical professional level
- A keen interest in networking and WAN technology
- A good understanding of cloud-based security including mitigation of risks within a cloud environment
And in return, along with a good salary, we'll give you the following
- Opportunity to work with leading-edge cloud technologies
- 6 month salary reviews
- 5% of your salary paid into a pension by Zen
- 25 days annual leave, with option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- The obligatory tech-company games room
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Summer & Christmas parties
- Ride2Work and Travel Loan schemes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959601054