Our client is developing advance optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communication network. It has a proven track record of innovation over many years, and now looking to recruit a number of exciting new roles.
Job Context: Part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a small team of technicians and engineers within the cleanrooms, laboratories and service areas.
- Main Responsibilities: Support the process equipment within our semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce un-expected tool outages.
- First line diagnostic skills with on call engineer backup.
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics
- Work with specialist 3rd party suppliers to maintain the building engineer facilities, such as DI water, specialist gases and HEVAC equipment.
- Work in accordance with the CIP quality and safety policies;
- Any other adhoc duty as requested by the Facility Manager.
Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline (or working towards recognised qualification)
Some experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities maintenance; such as chemical handling , repairing electronic equipment ,
Proven track record of supporting a production line.
Working a 2 shift rotation.
Fork lift driver
Must be able to follow strict instructions when instructed to do so.
Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines;
Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently;
Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues;
Able to demonstrate attention to detail;
Good communication and interpersonal skills which show an understanding of the varying levels and cultures within the organisation;
Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business;
Has a flexible approach to working;
Supportive of company culture and ethos.
If you are interested in applying, please call Lin, 0118 928 5550 or send your latest CV to
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77785358