Our client is seeking to employ a suitably experienced Section Engineer to support their team in the Midlands region.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. Our client is offering an attractive salary with benefits, including a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
- Setting out of civil engineering and building works on various sites within the operating area.
- Looking after site teams.
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment.
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Sub Agent/Site Agent to update on progress of works.
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information.
- Calculate quantities and understand construction measurement methods.
- Requisition of materials
- Understand plant and equipment
- Produce method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments and to ensure compliance of the same.
- Comply fully with Company’s Business Management System (BMS).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable).
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid CSCS card
If you are interested in this role and feel like you meet the requested level of experience, please send your CV for the attention of David Stevens at BCS Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77755433