Principal Transport Planner (Development Planning)
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Transport Planner- Development Planning/Control to join the team based in Woking.
The purpose of the role will be to act as Project Manager managing the delivery of Development Planning projects to programme and budget and in accordance with technical standards
You will manage a range of development planning projects and deliver to agreed budgets.
Working with our diverse range of clients across the UK and possibly the Middle-East, engaging with multi-disciplinary teams of professionals through the project lifecycle.
You will build upon your existing significant experience in development planning and team management to deliver projects to benefit both our clients and the company.
The successful candidate will confidently take day-to-day responsibility to lead a varied workload of projects, supervising colleagues, project managing, ensuring achievement of financial goals and contributing strongly to the technical content and delivery.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
* Prepare Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and inputs into Environmental Statements in consultation with Technical Directors
* Provide development control advice to local authority clients
We are seeking individuals who understand our values and express commitment to them. We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
This a permanent role with excellent career prospects for an enthusiastic and energetic person.
You will have;
* Numerate first degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, or a related subject is essential.
* MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering is desirable.
* Ideally Chartered Professional (CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT) status
You will have significant experience of managing and delivering development planning projects including transport assessments and statements.
* Your experience to date will have included a combination of some or all of the following areas of transport planning, with a number at significant depth: transport policy and strategy; travel plans, development control, traffic/travel survey planning & procurement, and junction modelling
* You will have a detailed understanding of UK transport policy and practice and the ability to convert that understanding into practical solutions for our clients are essential.
* You will be conversant with the appropriate transport planning guidance and best practice is essential.
* You will have significant experience of using industry standard software and databases e.g.: LINSIG, ARCADY, TRANSYT, TRICS etc.
* You will have a sound knowledge of the UK planning system.
* You will have knowledge of masterplanning and highway design.
* You will have a firm grasp of DfT Transport Assessment guidance and DMRB Web Tag requirements.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959610693