This family run business supplies quality core-ladies knitwear to several highstreet retailers. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience as a Garment Technologist in a similar environment.
- Be responsible to carry out garment fits for knit & some jersey, take note of required alterations for the desired fit of the garment
- Communicate fit comments and sample amendments to suppliers & factories in a clear, concise, and timely manner working to the critical path
- Work alongside Designers and Merchandisers to improve production efficiency and quality, and liaise with suppliers involved in the production process
- Fitting of initial samples and providing constructive feedback regarding the fit/make comments
- Work out size specifications, issuing tech packs & graded specs to the factory
- Carry out checks for bulk production, compare with approved fits/specs and ensure that the fit is consistent across the range
- Make sure that the garments meet quality and standards needed
- Documenting all changes and fit adjustments, comments, and measurements systematically
- Ensure all technical details/updates are passed over to Merchandising so that Critical Paths can be kept up to date
- Have the ability to read and advice on test reports and advice on the suitability of fabrics
- A relevant qualification at degree or equivalent level in Fashion & Textiles is desirable
- Looking for 1 – 2 years’ experience within garment fitting, testing and construction, and quality standards
- Adequate experience working with women’s knitwear with a supplier or retailer
- Knowledge of production methods, understanding of yarns
- Proficient user of Microsoft and excel
- Exceptional communication, organisation & prioritisation skills
- MUST HAVE UK EXPERIENCE
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77741410