Process Engineering Manager
Your new company
A world leader in energy and telecom systems and cable, with nearly 140 years experience boasting sales of over £6.6 Billion in 2016, 21,000 employees, with 82 Plants across 50 countries. They are strongly positioned in high-tech markets and offer the widest possible range of products, services, technologies and know-how.
It operates in the businesses of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, of special cables for applications in many different industries and of medium and low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors
Your new role
This role will be responsible for the effective planning, development and deployment and deployment of manufacturing resources to deliver on operational targets within budget and timescale including Quality, Performance, Cost, People and Health & Safety.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Running the daily production meeting and follow up as necessary, to achieve priorities and manufacturing targets.
- Liaise closely with logistics to maximise customer service and minimise inventory.
- Monitoring and maintaining labour efficiency.
- Assist team leaders with manufacturing techniques, making the best use of available machinery or processes.
- Drive improvement projects, create costings and highlighting potential savings which will be used to priorities.
- Modify existing production routing's and create new ones, as necessary.
- Assist in with non-conformance and drawing modification forms.
- Maintain current safety record by taking part in all safety tours, ensuring they take place as schedule and identifying safety solutions as necessary.
- Assist in achieve environmental responsibilities and targets by involvement in tours and environment meetings
The role will also be responsible for motivating and developing the team and identifying training needs to ensure that skill base is not a constraint. Working to set objective, an important part of the role will be to proactively monitor and report progress and to initiate improvement programmes to reduce cost.
What you'll need to succeed
Educated to HNC or degree level in a technical discipline with manufacturing/machine shop experience involving the supervision of a manufacturing team
Self Motivated with excellent communication skills, the successful candidate will possess the proven ability to lead, motivate, co-ordinate and direct team leaders, Production technicians and operators to achieve departmental targets and objectives.
Computer Literacy needed:
- Word, Excel (Data manipulation skills) Access, Powerpoint, Outlook, SAP
What you'll get in return
- Holiday entitlement: 25 Days plus 8 Statutory
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Free car Parking
- Flexible working Hours
- Health Cash plan Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77726776