To support the Business Unit Manager & the Engineering Development Manager to deliver the MLP Operating Vision & Engineering strategy for site through engaging leadership and strong people management skills.
Lead the area site Engineering Team to deliver production plans and service levels & engineering strategy within quality, safety and cost parameters.
Our client has over 100 years experience in the construction industry now operating over multiple sites across the UK with 3000+ employees.
- As part of the Site Management Team, formulate and deliver the site vision/strategy aligned to the company vision/strategy for MLP
- Deliver the engineering strategy to drive reliability and asset utilisation via all direct & indirect reports
- Implement best practice maintenance principles for:
- SHE (including statutory and regulatory compliance),
- Asset care and maintenance
- Capital Programme
- Engineering systems, processes and ways of working
- Structure & resources
- Ensure systems and clear accountabilities are in place for all insurable assets
- Implement a robust engineering planning system that proactively manages and maintains manufacturing assets at site
- Implementation of a PPM system that improves asset reliability and better utilises engineering resources
- Develop & implement an engineering stores system that ensures critical spares availability, stock control management & effective maintenance planning
- Implement and report engineering KPI's that compliment manufacturing performance and manufacturing KPI's
- Responsible for the delivery of business SMART objectives
- Maximise and constantly improve manufacturing performance that meets/exceeds company standards, KPI's, customer and legislative requirements
- Implement Production review processes that maximise OEE & throughputs
- Ensure IMS compliance
- Works closely with the Operations Manager & function to provide an holistic operational approach that drives asset reliability
- Responsible for the delivery of the engineering budget and supports the delivery of the Operations budget where applicable
- Responsible for Asset Ownership & reliability
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the sites capital program
- Area responsibility
- Drive continuous improvement and identify and maximise continuous improvement opportunities.
- Constantly challenge the manufacturing process and its capabilities. Develop Engineering solutions that push manufacturing process and boundaries to meet current and future business requirements.
- Coach and develop direct reports. Monitor and improve performance through appraisal, performance management and personal development plans to ensure that their full potential is realised
- Work closely with HR in developing positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement.
- Work with & supports the Technical / Sales & Marketing Teams to achieve quality standards/ product specifications and deliver NPD and promotional activity
- Project management/deliver change initiatives
Graduate calibre or equivalent experience
- Experience of operating in a medium/large manufacturing site with responsibility of team of 50 or more employees
- Experienced in concrete technologies or FMCG would be an advantage
- Strategic thinker. Contributes to the delivery of strategic plans.
- Ideally some experience of operating in a traditional employee relations climate/heavily unionised environment
- Some experience of implementing continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques, would be an advantage
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
- Demonstrable experience of driving and improving site performance
- Experience of leading and delivering change initiatives would be an advantage
- Has the development potential to progress beyond this role
- Brand & quality focused
- PC Literate
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Planning and organisation
- Problem solving and analysis
- Commercial Awareness (ideally)
- Personal Motivation
- Ability to work on own initiative
£competitive basic salary
Company car / car allowance
Company & personal bonus scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77770874