North Midland Construction is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years’ experience. With our Head Office based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire we operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Projects Manager, you will be involved in the individual management of Civil / Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation in line with the companies standards & procedures.
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Skills and Experience
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng. or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries 3+ years’ experience
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Preferred but not essential - IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77780775