System Engineer - Automotive
System Engineer - Automotive - Bath - £ DOE
Our client is a global leader in automotive products and is seeking a System Engineer to develop new anti-vibration technology to meet customer requirements and project objectives.
The System Engineer role is to manage the requirements throughout the development process. The primary focus is for active projects containing electro-mechanical, electronic and software components, but may also include requirements management for other large mechanical projects.
The role involves:
- Management of the entire requirements process according to the Automotive SPICE (ISO/IEC 15504) standard.
- Writing, developing and updating the Requirements Management Plan.
- Developing the System Architecture.
- Recommended Practice for Architectural Description of Software-Intensive Systems.
- Elicitation of requirements from the customer based on often limited data from demonstration system testing.
- Development of a clear set of system requirements and getting agreement and approval from the customer for the defined set of requirements.
- Extraction of appropriate system requirements from generic customer specifications.
- Development of component specifications based on the system requirements.
- Assisting the SQA Engineer to audit the requirements management procedure.
- Managing the System FMEA process.
- Development of a suitable system test strategy, based on available resources and timescales.
- Demonstrable experience in Requirements Analyses, including traceability from requirements.
- Experience of a Requirements Management tool (e.g. DOORS). Detailed ECU experience from OEM requirements through to design and test.
- FMECA and hazard analysis experience at system level.
- Specification requirements and System FMEA.
- Test strategies and detailed test plan experience.
- Ability to develop diagnostic strategies.
- Experience in review and approval of ECU validation test results.
- High level of customer facing and communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Experienced in failure tracking and resolution.
- Basic understanding of AUTOSAR architecture.
Suitably qualified and experienced System Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77790666