Commercial & Distribution Analyst
Commercial & Content Distribution, Analyst
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Manager: dual report to SVP Commercial & Content Distribution, International and VP, Commercial & Content Distribution, UKNEE
The Commercial & Content Distribution, Analyst will play a crucial role in the Commercial and Content Distribution team, working closely with SVP Commercial & Content Distribution, International and VP, Commercial & Content Distribution, UKNEE, Strategy Director, regional Commercial & Content Distribution teams, and Senior Stakeholders across the business. The London-based Commercial & Content Distribution team provides both leadership and support to the Commercial & Content Distribution activities across UK & Ireland, Nordic, Poland, Central and Eastern European countries, Russia and Israel, as well as international territories, and is part of the global Commercial & Content Distribution community (headquartered in New York).
The Commercial & Content Distribution, Analyst will work across all Viacom International Media Network (VIMN) brands – including MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon and, in the UK, the Channel 5 portfolio. The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of the media and entertainment industry and insight in to the key trends.
The Commercial & Content Distribution, Analyst will solve complex market and commercial issues by employing structured thinking and rigorous analysis. The Commercial Manager will be expected to bring creativity to problem-solving and will be able to influence stakeholders through clear communication.
What you'll be doing
- Work with the SVP, International and VP, Cluster to identify and opportunities, trends and issues across Viacom’s International and Cluster Content Distribution Business, including providing support to negotiations, including deal analysis and modelling
- Supporting the SVP / VP with creation and presentation of business models, ad hoc reports, insight and strategic recommendations to Senior Executives and Stakeholders
- Collaborate with Content Distribution Teams within the Cluster and Internationally to gather local perspectives / share strategies and insight
- Work with Content Distribution Teams within the Cluster to ensure strategic alignment and work collaboratively to meet all Content Distribution goals
- Proactively seeking trends and new insights from all data, including Viacom’s own data and competitor and market activities and use this to inform key business recommendations to SVP / VP
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships across the Content Distribution group and with key stakeholders (legal, finance, programming, brands, operations etc.), including leading the execution of high value multi-disciplinary projects in collaboration with other departments
- Day to Day responsibilities will include: Business analysis, Ad hoc reporting and data analytics, budgeting & forecasting, monitoring a range of KPIs for distribution business, support the budgeting and planning process.
- Managing the pipeline of multiple Content Distribution projects, initiatives and deals
- Where necessary, developing collateral to communicate with Content Distribution group and senior stakeholders, such as content distribution guidelines and policy, including product & pricing
You'll need to have
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Solid financial acumen & the ability to analyse data, build business cases and construct practical conclusions/recommendations essential
- Experience of working in multi-level matrix relationship environment, in a multinational organisation preferred
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills - Adept at interacting with senior executives and adapting influencing style to different audiences.
- Understands the digital landscape – its innovators, its disruptors and its future
- In-depth knowledge of media markets, especially broadcasting and entertainment industries and working knowledge of some key European markets preferred
- Experience in TV Sales, TV Distribution or comparable commercial position in TV industry
- Proficiency in MS-Office, especially in Excel and Power Point
- Deep analytical insight and problem solving skill-set
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Ambitious and committed
- Must have a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible / adaptable: prepared to ‘muck-in’ when necessary
- The ability to work individually or within a team environment
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Ability to multi-task
Closing Date: 04 December 2017