Area Sales Engineer
Area Sales Engineer
- Location and territory: Scotland
- Market: Food & Beverage and some Pharmaceutical
- £38,000 - £45,000 basic + commissions (c£5,000 - £8,000)
- Fully expensed car + phone & laptop
- Pension (matched) + life assurance + private health care
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- My client can employ someone in December 2017 if they are available
ATA Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Engineer for Scotland, for a multi-million pound manufacturer of process solutions, specifically for the Food & Beverage sector.
This business in experiencing phenomenal growth across the whole of Europe and because of a multi-million-pound investment, they are now looking to identify a tenacious and sales orientated Area Sales Engineer to promote this product to Food & Beverage customers throughout Scotland.
You will have complete autonomy to manage your diary as your see fit, you must be able to generate your own sales leads however, you will be supported by a Marketing Team, that said, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter.
Success in this role will present you with multiple opportunities not only in the UK but across the whole of Europe, and further afield. This is a great company who truly invest in their employees, their philosophy is “if we invest in you, you will invest in us” and this is testament to the length of service across the entire group.
If you are a result orientated, tenacious and driven sales professional and looking for your next career step then please contact me on either or email your CV to for a confidential discussion about the Area Sales Engineers role in Scotland.
The role of Area Sales Engineer Scotland will be as follows:
- Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the Area Sales Engineer will spend a large proportion of their time customer facing with Food & Beverage customers in Scotland.
- Complete ownership of sales process in designated area from attendance of tradeshows, client presentations & demonstrations, lead generation, sales opportunity evaluation and customer procurement.
- You will also be responsible for calculation of quotations, negotiation, closing sales to after-sales support.
- New business development, identifying target Food & Beverage customers throughout Scotland and building long-term business relationships.
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from my client’s products in the designated area and industry – this is very much a new business sales role.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers.
- Manage and administer and maintain client accounts and client contact data.
- Work closely with sales teams, plants and other technical experts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide your Manager and head office with timely reports and analysis of order intake, costs, sales, sales targets, etc.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
The ideal Area Sales Engineer Scotland will have the following experience:
- You must have sold any product into the Food & Beverage sector.
- Example products can be related to labelling systems, labelling products, pumps, valves, process filtration, packaging etc (this is not limited).
- You must be based in Scotland and demonstrate the skills to fulfil a new business sales role.
- A proven track record in sales into the Food & Beverage sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading player within the industry. You will receive an excellent on-boarding programme, support for further education and a structured career path to excel you within the business and the larger group. There are plenty of opportunities for you to become a Food & Beverage Sales Manager with a small team within the next three to five years.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77772405