My client are a large well respected multi-national engineering and manufacturing business. They manufacture high precision machined components for a variety of industry sectors.
They are seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager to be part of the senior management team.
The role will manage all technical requirements across the business from Capital Investment & Expenditure, Project Management and Implementation, Product Engineering, Maintenance and Tooling Repair and Manufacture. The incumbent will support Manufacturing through excellent service, delivery and quality improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage all capital investment requirements to include initial proposals, costings, trials, sign off, implementation, project close out and audit against expected benefits to be achieved
- To constantly review market developments in advancing manufacturing technology with specific focus on opportunities for developing automation
- To identify and manage any research and development opportunities
- To manage the New Product Introduction process
- To manage the contract review process ensuring all relevant parties are involved and the procedures are maintained.
- To manage all aspects of Product Engineering, constantly reviewing and updating engineering drawings to ensure they meet customer and manufacturing requirements, generating new drawings, processing engineering changes whilst maintaining document control at all times
- To manage the maintenance team in providing electrical and mechanical engineering support to the manufacturing operations, ensuring minimal downtime of all plant and machinery
- To manage a TPM schedule for all plant and machinery to minimise breakdowns
- To manage a critical spares system to ensure minimum down time in event of breakdowns
- To manage the tool room in delivering a repairs and modification service on all tooling and increasing the opportunities for making tooling in house.
- To maintain all routes, work centres, standards and BOMS to ensure accuracy of costings and work flows
- To ensure the facilities are managed, maintained and repaired as required and the terms of the lease are met
- To manage all contractors providing servicing and repairs ensuring on time delivery
- To provide daily, weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators
- To manage and develop the team through regular appraisals and reviews of skills and competency. Identify any gaps and implement training plans
- To manage all relevant budgets, ensuring cost control is maintained at all times and continually looking for cost saving opportunities
- To support the development and improvements in manufacturing through implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement opportunities
- To identify, prioritise, manage and deliver continuous improvement initiatives in line with world class manufacturing.
- To champion and manage specific improvement projects to deliver Quality, Cost, Delivery and People Objectives
Ideally you will be currently working as an Engineering Manager in a fast paced manufacturing business. Knowledge of high precision machined components would be desirable but not essential.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77724182