Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer - Open Contract
Based in Gloucestershire, my client is a fast growing niche company, market leader presenting maintenance, validation & consulting services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Life Science industries.
The role of the Service Engineer is to provide support to a wide array of installed Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices equipment at our client’s bases in London, Belgium and Germany and effectively implement technical and practical resolutions in line with business needs.
They must also act as the primary escalation point for technical queries from the Service Desk to assist in resolving customer incidents.
Customer Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostics, as well as require that the individual provide in-person, on site hands-on support.
Within this fast paced environment you would need to receive, prioritise, document and actively resolve customer requests whilst striving to deliver the highest level of customer service.
It is essential that you have a positive attitude and are willing to travel both domestically and internationally. The ideal candidate will have good literacy and communication skills both over the phone and face to face with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Language skills, particularly French speaking, would be of benefit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Duties may include:
- To provide administrative and logistic support in the generation of services or spare parts quotations
- Conduct on site high-end service support activities across the full range of serviceable equipment within the customer base.
- To improve existing service products and to develop new service product offerings to meet the customer demands within a dynamic industry.
- Oversee service escalations, including on site assistance when necessary.
- Ensure all information technology tools are utilised, understood and continuously improved to meet current and future needs of our customers.
- Provide high end technical support services to service repair centre when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Be educated to ONC Level 3 in Electronics or equivalent as a minimum/Bachelor’s degree/ HND in Electro-mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Equivalent Military education or Associates Degree
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated process equipment.
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and/or Field Modification activities according to protocol Instruction.
- Spare parts identification and management.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Minimum 3 years + experience in the Biotechnology/Life Sciences industry with particular understanding/experience of Chromatography and membrane purification equipment strongly preferred.
- Experience with Bioprocess systems and UF systems.
- Experience with GMP and cGMP documentation requirements.
- Understanding of validation and FDA regulated environments.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Knowledge in the application and use of Technical calibration and test instrumentation, for example, multimeters, oscilloscopes and RTD’s.
- Proven ability to diagnose, support and issues with Analogue/digital control implementations.
- Experience of SCADA based Control Software and PLC control architecture.
- Fundamentals of the process system’s application
- Working knowledge of mechanics and mechanical process components, for example, diaphragm/rotary lobe pumps and pneumatically actuated valves.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77770469