Goresbrook School opened in September 2014, with three classes of Reception children, and has made a tremendous start. We require a Cover Supervisor with strong literacy and numeracy skills and a professional approach to provide support to our teachers and students in the classroom, covering a variety of learning activities.
You will also provide support to the wider school and as an integral member of the Learning & Teaching team you will be part of the planning and development meetings each week.
Day to day tasks, amongst others, will include:
- Cover classes during the absence of teachers
- Establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
- Being a member of a Teaching and Learning team that plans and delivers a key part of the curriculum for the students;
- Assisting in the preparation of learning materials and the learning environment, including the display of students' work;
- Supervising and supporting students, ensuring their safety and access to learning;
- Planning and leading after school clubs;
- Supporting the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures.
This is a perfect opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic professional who can also show a commitment and willingness to develop through a range of training and coaching opportunities.
Goresbrook School continues to grow each year, with our Year 7 that started in September 2016 and Nursery to Year 3 in Primary. We opened in response to significant demand from the local community for more high quality school places. From our children to our staff, we are committed to bringing out the best in everyone. Our state-of-the-art facilities benefit children of all ages.
With Goresbrook School being part of United Learning, staff will have access to the Group’s wide range of professional development programmes including short course programmes, accredited courses, bespoke support, group inductions, conferences and talent development.
To apply please click https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/Q0VJVmk3RUlpMWw1WUhFVkgxV1V4Y0RZUVRIamliREdSWHpJcS8xUU5MUWRHcmlUcVYxMXV5c3BOMzBUdDYxejhwYzNlN0pTak44PQ%3d%3d
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Tuesday 5th December, 2017.
The interview date is: TBC
Goresbrook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.