1st Line IT Helpdesk Technician
This is another opportunity to join a rapidly growing IT and Telecoms Managed Service Provider to companies across the South East of England.
Directed by the Operations Director, the position of 1st line IT Helpdesk Technician will involve providing end-user customer service and remote IT support to their clients.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, email and customer portal, escalate to 2nd/3rd line where needed.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Review and action alerts on our management systems
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Proven helpdesk / IT support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills centred around customer service
- Experience of using IT helpdesk systems
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Knowledge supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server operating systems and cloud services.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Relevant qualifications in Microsoft Office 365 administration and support
- Customer service orientated
- Self-motivated, organised and takes responsibility
Place of Work
Offices in Uckfield, East Sussex
Normal Hours of Work/Holiday
Monday-Friday 9am - 5:30pm
20 days' holiday per annum plus all UK bank holidays
£16,000 - 18,000 per annum depending on experience and industry qualifications.