Network Lead Teacher for Science
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a great teacher to lead the development of outstanding Science provision across our Birmingham secondary school hub. The role would suit an excellent class teacher who is aspiring to a senior leadership role or to an existing senior leader who has an interest in working across more than one school in order to develop our highly motivated and committed teaching staff. You will help us achieve our mission by creating and developing great teachers who will improve the life chances of our children. If you are a specialist in science with an interest in adding value, helping others improve and adding capacity across the network, you will be ideally suited to this role.
The role is part of the Ark Secondary Regional team and plays a key part in helping to shape the region as we grow. You will work across our secondary academies in Birmingham to ensure rapid improvement for all students across the network. The right candidate will join a highly successful existing team of regional leads who have a proven track record of supporting rapid school improvement through the coaching and mentoring of class teachers and middle leaders. This is a position of key influence and an opportunity to develop your strengths as a leader.
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life.
We know that great schools need great teachers, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career - from starting out as an NQT to running your own school.
Our highly-successful network of 35 schools educates over 23,000 students across Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth. They are achieving some of the best results in the country despite being largely in areas of historic academic underachievement.
You will be aligned to Ark’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of leading/driving teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes
- have an up-to-date knowledge of subject curricula and assessment requirements
- have had experience of successfully leading a subject area
- have had experience of delivering effective training to individuals and groups of staff
- have proven experience of identifying, and implementing effective strategies for improving science attainment in urban schools at KS3, 4 and preferably 5
- have a highly effective style that is both consultative and influential
- be able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- be aligned with Ark’s ethos of growth mind set, high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
- be keen to contribute to the development of the region by helping to lead one of our areas of school improvement – precisely which one will depend on the skillset of the successful applicant
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Jane Hooper on 0121 446 1300.
For technical queries, please contact the central Recruitment team on 0203 116 6345.
Please submit your application online by visiting our website via the button below.
The deadline for applications is 10am on Thursday 7th December 2017.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.