Systems Engineer (Aerospace Powertrain )
Systems Engineer (Aerospace Powertrain)
Highly Competitive salary + Holiday + Benefits
Systems Engineer required for fast growing Bristol based Aerospace Company offering interesting and varied work with and the chance to work on exciting and innovative new projects!
As Systems Engineer you will define and develop powertrain systems from battery pack definition and BMS through to consumption. You will also assist with the definition of aircraft architecture, meeting the means of compliance standards required by authorities and assisting with the testing of components and aircraft to determine systems performance.
The ideal Systems Engineer candidate will have a fundamental knowledge of powertrain systems at a Macro and Micro scale as well as knowledge of battery technologies and BMS systems, previous experience working to aerospace standards and possess a detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft technologies.
* Systems Engineer
* Definition/Selection of battery and BMS technology.
* Design and definition of powertrain systems to aerospace standards.
* Assist in the definition of other aircraft systems.
* Assist the definition of aircraft architecture.
* Meeting the Means of Compliance standards required by the authorities.
* Assisting in the testing of components and aircraft to determine systems performance.
* Generating alternate proposals when required.
* Assist with the build and fault-finding of the projects
* Solid Powertrain Systems Engineer background
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Power Engineering, Aerospace Systems Engineering or equivalent.
* Strong fundamental knowledge of powertrain systems at a Macro and Micro scale.
* Working knowledge of power distribution systems
* Hands on experience of developing aircraft systems
* Detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft technologies.
* Experience with working to aerospace standards
* Masters or PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Avionics or related field (Preferred)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77781813