Technical Business Analyst - West Yorkshire - Energy/Utilities
Technical Business Analyst - West Yorkshire - Energy/Utilities - MS SQL and VBA
This is a really great opportunity for a Business Analyst with a passion for data and strong IT skills to take on a fast-paced role with an established business in the energy and utilities sector. This position would suit someone who enjoys the hands-on technical elements of data reporting but who also likes to communicate with the wider business.
The client are an established business in the Energy and Utilities industry, based in Yorkshire. Offering great benefits, a collaborative environment and investment in the professional development of their employees, it is a really exciting time to be joining this thriving business.
This role takes responsibility for
- Producing reports relating to delivery of managed assets projects
- Using SQL to extract and interpret data, requiring someone with strong analytical skills
- Interrogation of bespoke project management systems
- Facilitating and leading meetings with various service areas of the business (Finance, Design etc)
You will be working closely with numerous areas of the business so the ability to interpret data and communicate this effectively, as well as providing business insights, is essential for this position.
Due to the nature of their business, the client are ideally looking for someone with experience in the energy/utilities sector or a similarly strictly regulated industry e.g financial services, nuclear.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a background in utilities or a similarly regulated environment.
- Proficient in MS SQL (data extraction, interrogation and reporting)
- Demonstrable skills with MS VBA
- A good understanding of business planning processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with non-technical audiences
- Some business analysis experience or relevant qualification
- A degree in an engineering/numeric-based discipline
- A background in statistical analysis or financial accounting
- Experience in a commercial environment
The client are offering a highly competitive salary dependent on experience, in addition to a range of other benefits, including 25 days holiday and a performance related bonus.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77785909