Working as part of a large in-house legal team, you will specifically support Group and Services areas of our business by delivering proactive and commercially focussed legal advice in a timely, professional, efficient and cost-effective manner.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a qualified lawyer to join a vibrant and fast paced in-house legal team. The role offers an individual exposure to liaising with senior leaders across a wide variety of functions, whilst also working closely with the Chief Counsel and the Group Counsel/Company Secretary.
- Provide advice on legal matters for Group and the Services business in a commercial, efficient, effective and professional service including the following areas:
- review drafting and negotiation of contracts
- competition law
- IP/IT agreements
- outsourcing arrangements
- knowhow licensing and exploitation arrangements
- profit-sharing arrangements
- corporate matters including joint venture, collaboration and partnership arrangements including in conjunction with the Chief Counsel – Group & Services
- anticipating legal change, developing good practice and advising accordingly (in conjunction with Heads of Compliance and Business Standards where appropriate)
- Work with the Chief Counsel – UK and Ireland Retail, legal teams outside the UK, the Head of Compliance and the Head of Business Standards and the GC/CS as and when required to support wider Group legal issues
- Provide reports on issues as required by the Chief Counsel – Group & Services
- Engage with and influence a wide range of business colleagues ranging from junior colleagues to senior management
You will have
- Excellent legal skills currently practicising as a commercial and/or corporate lawyer (anticipated 1 years+ PQE)
- Good understanding of the retail and/or mobile phone industries
- Worked in-house or at a major law firm
- Commercial – applying legal knowledge to bring optimised commercial solutions
- Good communication skills and proven ability to successfully influence colleagues at all levels
- A strong drive for results and be hardworking, disciplined and organised
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77787245