Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Exponential-e is an end-to-end IT Solution Provider, constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage. As an organisation, we continually invest in technology, people and training. We are driven by people that want to learn, build a career path and achieve.
Your New RoleAs a Cloud Engineer within the Core Cloud team, a typical day to day could involve anything from developing new and upcoming products for our customers, delivering private cloud infrastructure, handling 4th line cloud escalations to being a technical point of call for Pre-Sales. It will be your responsibility to develop, maintain and support the core cloud infrastructure at Exponential-e, and we will support you in becoming a true Cloud specialist.Key responsibilities
- Work with various teams to develop new products and services
- Improve and support Exponential-e’s cloud environment
- Act as a technical lead for cloud products and services within Exponential-e
- Provide design and architecture of cloud-based and virtualisation solutions in accordance with client needs
What you’ll need to succeedThis is an exciting and demanding opportunity, where you will be specialising in cutting-edge technology. As such, you’ll need the ability to be creative and innovative in your solutions and designs. Ideally, you’ll have extensive experience in an IT service provider environment, working with various virutalisation technologies (VCP certified a plus), alongside Windows Server infrastructure techs.
Key Technical Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of VMWare (vCloud Director)Strong commercial knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies
Exposure to Azure StackExperience working with StorageFamiliarity with automation tools (Chef, Ansible or Puppet)Knowledge of designing and supporting large scale environments
What’s In It for You?
- Development and progression opportunities into senior positions within the company
- Access to a wide range of learning materials and courses
- Capacity to become a specialist in virtualisation
- Opportunity to design and develop new products
- A versatile day-to-day, with a mix of operational support and project work
- Learn and work with some of the most talented cloud engineers/architects in the industry
- Work with the latest technologies within cloud and virtualisation (Software Defined Networking)
- Comprehensive benefits scheme (25 days holiday, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover)
- Feel consistently supported in your role and development for the future
About Exponential-EMission Statement"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."
Exponential-e is a British cloud and connectivity pioneer with a difference. Its cloud services do not traverse the public Internet. Instead, they reside (logically) on a customer's LAN, on the clean side of the firewall so security and privacy concerns are negated. Exponential-e wholly owns a super-fast 100 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 VPLS Network that guarantees a superior level of resilience, reliability and performance. Exponential-e also integrates with third party providers and bespoke applications for both the Enterprise and SMEs with an end-to-end SLA.
That’s why it’s trusted by over 2,800 customers, boasts 96% customer reference-ability, features in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, and is included in Investec’s Top 100 fastest growing UK Mid-Market companies.‘Your Cloud is only as good as your network’
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77782290