IT & Transformation Director – Leading UK Retail Logistics Business
Our client, is one of the UK’s leading logistics businesses, operating in a fast moving, rapidly evolving industry sector. They have ambitious plans for growth and a constant, dynamic and busy change pipeline. They are now seeking to appoint an IT and Transformation Director to develop strategy and drive efficient, customer-focused processes and technology to gain a competitive edge and lead innovation within the logistics industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will join a close-knit Executive Team and will be responsible for leading the organisation’s IT and Transformation functions. Within this exciting and challenging role, you will be accountable for the development and delivery of IT strategy and transformation programmes across the business. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, challenging existing practices and identifying new and better ways of working to embed standards, behaviours and strategies that will deliver lasting service delivery improvements in all business areas.
Working closely with other members of the Executive Team and Shareholders, you will support the aim of putting the customer at the heart of the business whilst ensuring that technology is used as a key enabler of both organisational improvement and service transformation.
Key priorities will include:
- The development and delivery of a comprehensive internal and external Transformation Programme, including service, infrastructure, and organisational reconfiguration, and delivery of major service re-design programmes.
- The development of strategies that will structure services for the future that meet the business objectives and ensure financial and service sustainability.
- Ensure that the business continuously seeks to improve service quality and the customer experience.
- The creation of a blueprint to move the organisation to a highly effective and efficient Operating Model.
We are looking for a highly focused IT and Transformation Director with a strong background gained within a logistics/ supply chain, retail or related sector. You will possess extensive experience in defining and developing IT and Transformation strategy and successfully deliver large-scale change programmes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence the right people at the right time
- Delivering scalable, innovative solutions through technical proficiency supported by a collaborative team environment on time and within tightly defined budgets
- Strong experience of leading large teams with to reach a common goal
- Highly developed commercial acumen and application as it relates to P&L management, budget and associated financial deliverables
- A demonstrable background in leadership and organisational change and experience of managing transformation, transition, and integration programmes across a diverse organisation.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Executive Team of a progressive and future focussed organisation which has experienced exciting growth by putting the customer at the heart of the business. The position offers an attractive salary package whilst providing the platform to deliver significant technological innovation and transformation.
In order to apply please contact Simon Childs on 0207 648 4915 and send your CV now!