Lead Web Developer
A leading British retail group are looking for an experienced Lead Web Developer to join their Ecommerce team in Leicester where they have been based for 80 years to support with the development and running of their Magneto Platform.
This business was traditionally a wholesale business however launched their B2C ecommerce platform about 4 years ago. They have already had some great success already but you will be joining the business at a key period of exciting growth, helping to take it to the next level in-house.
This Lead Web Developer role will include the following:
- Driving the development of the websites and related systems and looking after the day to day running of the site.
- Will ensure that all development and code follows best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
- User-focused web development (front & back-end)
- Magento development & maintenance
- Liaise with external developers, 3rd party extension authors, etc.
- Lead the project to migrate the current website and server management to one that is managed in-house
- Plan, implement and test new functionality and features
- Assist with bug-fixing, identification of website issues, and work as the technical lead in the Ecommerce team on projects and tasks
- Integration with third party services and platforms
- The opportunity for this Ecom platform to really be 'your baby'
The Ideal candidate for this Lead Web Developer role based in Leciester will have the following skills:
- Excellent experience of developing Ecommerce websites on Magento 1.x and 2.x
- Experience of developing custom Magento components, and working with third-party themes and extensions
- Solid understanding of UX, accessibility, and responsive web design
- Working knowledge of setting up and optimising LAMP environments
- Thorough understanding of Ecommerce website development processes including requirements gathering, feature and task prioritization, source code management, automated unit and functional testing, build, and deployment.
- Must be a self-starter and problem-solver, with the ability to work independently as well as under instruction
- Experience with Microsoft NAV would be beneficial
Highly competitive package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77781325