Location: Based in Hertford covering service in Hertfordshire
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31st of March 2019
Hours per week: 35
Salary: £25,757 per annum
About the role
At the request of Hertfordshire County Council and both Hertfordshire CCGs, seven voluntary organisations have formed a partnership to develop a new service bringing together Hertfordshire's current community navigation and hospital discharge services.
The vision is to create a Herts-wide Integrated Hospital Discharge and Community Navigation Service (IHDCNS), with teams based locally that will understand their local populations, and support people to find and access community-based support.
The outcome we want to achieve is to improve the health and wellbeing of people who might otherwise use statutory services, maintain their financial stability and in turn manage down demand on statutory services. We want to reduce the number of individuals entering crisis (defined as unnecessary hospital admission or use of homecare or multiple contact with different agencies) and particularly to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions.
As a Senior Navigator you will work with the Programme and Area Managers to establish an effective local service for Hospital Discharge and Community Navigation including social prescribing; establish effective partnerships with the local voluntary sector, NHS providers and adult care services; ensure that the service puts people first, empowers people to take appropriate decisions about their care, and to access support and services within their own community:
- Form, support and supervise the locality's staff team
- Be the local 'eyes and ears' of the integrated service
- Deliver a high quality responsive service
- Make sure that cases are properly reviewed and recorded
- Contribute to the development and achievement of targets and standards
- Provide appropriate and timely support to clients, carers or family members.
About the team
The Independent Living & Crisis Response service (IL/CR) supports people in the space between hospital and home and responds to the needs of people in crisis following an emergency; maintaining an extensive network of external relationships across health, social care, and emergency services
About the person
To be successful in this post you must have following skills and experience:
- Excellent people skills sufficient to bring together and lead a new team
- A good level of higher education or equivalent, relevant, experience and evidence of continued professional development
- Knowledge of the problems and issues faced by older and/or vulnerable people and carers especially in relation to health and social care
- IT literate, experience of using email, word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Experience in team leadership
- Working in partnership with external organisations
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle
Closing date for application is 23.59 on the 3rd of December 2017. Interviews will be held on 8th of December 2017.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes PVG/DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77754887