2 X Apprentice Software Developers (Java)
Did you know….
- Specsavers is the largest privately owned Optical Group in the world with over 31,000 employees across the globe?
- We sold over 20 million frames & 425 million contact lenses last year?
- We manufactured over 40 million ophthalmic lenses last year?
- Last year we donated over £2.3m to charities and good causes?
- At the heart of our business is the Supply Chain function, who are responsible for providing the best quality products to our retail stores?
As Specsavers continues to grow from strength to strength, your IT department needs to support this continual growth. We therefore have openings for 2 Apprentice Software Developers (Java) to join our IT department in Whiteley.
As an Apprentice Software Developer will join the IT manufacturing team and be actively involved in the development of the inhouse Manufacturing Execution System. You will work closely with an experienced team of Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Testers using Agile methods. As this is a development role for a Digital & Technology Solutions Professional, completion of this degree apprenticeship will lead to a BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions.
The position will be based in Whiteley, with the opportunity to visit Manufacturing sites throughout the UK and Europe.
- Relationship Management
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Team working
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Active listening
- Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics & English
- A levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Some knowledge of Object Orientated Java
- Some knowledge of Linux
We are really excited about the career and opportunities on offer to you as an Apprentice with us, if you are too then apply today!
Closing date for applications is 6th December.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77768447