Our client is a market leader within their industry, and due to continued growth and expansion they are now looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA) for their manufacturing site based in Devizes.
You will be joining an established company that has seen significant investment in the last 12 months, with a global customer base in who operate in various industries including Aerospace, Power Transmission, Utilities and Telecommunications.
Reporting directly into the Head of Quality for the site, the main purpose of the position is to provide expertise to the business in a wide range of quality disciplined, best practices and quality improvement techniques. The role will have a particular focus on supplier quality assurance, supporting and evaluating new suppliers and working with existing suppliers to improve and maintain the quality levels required by my client.
- Visit Suppliers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues and assure existing and new Supplier performance through auditing, adopting corporate standard vendor approval and vendor rating procedures.
- Assure confidence of component suitability from suppliers by applying and promoting the principles of TQM - Total Quality Management / Standards, monitoring and measurement / PPAP - Production Part Approval Process / S.P.C. Statistical Process Control
- Lead and execute specific Quality related projects that have goals and objectives relevant to the operating plans and strategy of the company as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Minimum 5 years with a qualify function
- Knowledge of production processes and materials
- Demonstrable experience with Supplier Quality Assurance and process improvement
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5 WHYS and FMEA
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77740162