Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Billingham (home of McCoy’s)
Salary: £50,000 Circa
As one of two Area Engineering Managers in the factory, you will play a crucial role in leading a team of multi-skilled engineers. You will utilise your mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge in combination with your people management skills to coach, lead and develop the team.
Some context on the site:
The Billingham site is our largest in the UK (120,000m2), operating 24/7 and employs 700+ colleagues
We make a number of KP brands in Billingham: McCoy’s, POM-BEAR, Brannigan’s, Wheat Crunchies, Discos and Roysters
We process c70,000 tonnes of potatoes a year, producing 600+ tonnes of tasty product a week. The site has 10 packing lines, 11 fryers and on-site warehousing, so there is plenty of equipment and machinery to keep you and the team busy!
Some of the core responsibilities of your role will include:
- Working towards a zero loss culture as part of the site Progressive Maintenance team
- Collaboration with the diverse range of functions on site to support delivery of the key objectives of the site
- Coordination and leadership of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules and activities
- Delivering downtime reduction and performance improvement whilst managing all costs closely
- Managing key suppliers and vendors to ensure service levels are maintained
- Continuous improvement of engineering ways of working to ensure improved equipment performance.
- Responsibility for maintaining and improvement of all engineering assets and developing an asset care strategy
- Budgetary management – you will be responsible for the day to day management of the site repair and maintenance (R&M) budget
A strong lean background would be really beneficial.
- Salary c£50k
- Bonus 5%
- Pension matched up to 7% of base
- Life assurance
Interested? Click apply to submit your CV to the hiring manager for consideration!