Project Quantity Surveyor Contractor & Developer
About the Company:
Now with 15 years of operation my client is an established residential contractor based in South East London. Typically taking on a variety of new build mixed-use projects up to £15 million they are a growing business, operating at a sustainable level. They have the ability to undertake multi-unit RC frame contracts as well as family homes, commercial build and refurbishment. It is an exciting time to join a progressive forward thinking organisation.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking for a Project level Quantity Surveyor to work on a range of diverse residential projects. They are looking for someone who has a solid permanent work background and has worked for main contractors/developer who is commercially aware to help to deliver their projects. It is essential that you have knowledge of building processes within the main contract building environment typically covering, residential and high spec projects. You will be expected to take projects from pre-award tender process through to completion. You will also be expected to carry out the following roles:
- Sub-contract tendering and procurement to meet required deadlines
- Detailed prelims cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Undertake Payment of subcontractors, variation orders and the settlement of final accounts.
- Monitoring and explaining cost movements.
- Take specifications and drawings from Construction handover and prepare suitable packages for tender.
- Analyse returned tender and recommend the most commercially viable contractor.
- Monitor subcontractor cost movements.
- Undertake monthly cost reports and estimate future likely cost expenditure.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Forecasting & final accounts.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant concept meeting as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director.
About Benefits and Rewards:
In return for your hard work and commitment, our client can offer an excellent remuneration package including a competitive basic salary up to £50,000-£70,000 + Benefits. In addition to this you will be offered fantastic prospects and will become an integral part of one of the industry leaders.
You should have a commercial management or quantity surveying degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related field. The Ideal candidates will have experience of working on high Residential contracts with a main contractor or developer. You must be able to multi task and be able to be in control and think about more than one project at a time, along with giving direction where required on things that generally crop up day to day.
Contact: Jon @ cityscapeltd.com or call on 01923 750095
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/77773283