Hales Group are seeking a maintenance engineer to work for a highly successful company within the Beccles area. This position will ensure the safe effective and continuous operation of equipment and machinery throughout the company.
Working closely with production departments, you will be expected to coordinate and manage the activities engaged in planned maintenance & emergency repairs to production equipment including routine testing of fire & sprinkler systems. Duties for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Occasional maintenance of buildings, supporting infrastructure & occasional machinery installations
- Ensuring the maintenance dept. complies with the company’s Polices & Rules
- Organising work plans and holiday rotas, allowing for sufficient operational cover.
- Training/supporting team members according to best practice & ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained
- Development & adoption of preventative maintenance programs/schedules
- Coordinate activities of technician’s modifying/repairing/servicing/installing machines, tools, or equipment
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and ensure equipment faults are rectified without delay
- Maintain job logs, maintenance records, equipment condition reports & stock of appropriate service parts
- Housekeeping & organisation of the maintenance department
- Liaise with sub-contractors when necessary, to assist with works and ensure that standards of performance are maintained
- Use visual management tools & techniques to identify, control & measure team performance & set targets for improvement.
Please note, this position is available with an immediate start, this opportunity could be on a temporary to permanent or a permanent basis.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will hold the appropriate & relevant industrial qualifications. You will be computer literate, preferably with some experience of planned maintenance systems. You will have experience with a similar role of planned & a schedule maintenance involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems. The candidate will possess a working knowledge of simple electrical circuits, PAT testing & welding.
The successful candidate will be a team player, possessing a ‘can-do’ attitude together with a hard working action oriented approach & the ability to solve problems. You will display positive role model behaviour towards, quality, safety & the environment.
A willingness to work occasional shifts, over time and call outs if the need arises. Own transport is essential due to the location of this role.
Ideally available for an immediate start, this opportunity could be on a temporary to permanent or a permanent basis. On offer or permanent employment the following benefits would apply:
20 Days (rising to 23 with service) + Bank Holidays
Competitive Salary commensurate with relevant experience/qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77748498