IT Graduate Programme
Information Technology (IT) at Ford Credit Europe is a critical enabler to the entire Ford strategy, and is at the centre of our global vision for the future. We have a unique enterprise-wide view of processes, process efficiency and time to market, and our vision includes globally optimising IT to provide our customers with an exceptional purchasing and financing experience. From your first day with us you will be working with IT and business colleagues from all over the world to help build, implement and enhance IT solutions. You will progress through a series of on-the-job placements, to help you build on the knowledge and skills gained during your degree at University, performing a real role with real responsibilities and your focus is likely to be on one of the following key areas:
- Business Relationship Management: Business facing teams planning future IT strategy and projects
- Application Development: Developing, enhancing and maintaining IT applications that are at the heart of our global business
- Solutions Support: Providing front-line support for our critical IT applications and services
- Infrastructure Operations: Planning, building and operating a global IT infrastructure base
- Strategy and Security: Protecting our critical IT systems from cyber threats
You'll also find we embrace change to constantly improve, for example, moving to agile development practices globally to enable Ford to be as nimble, efficient, and cutting-edge as possible.
What's in it for you?
You can expect to develop strong leadership and communication skills with interaction globally across Ford analysing problems to find and apply solutions to new or existing processes, software and hardware. The cornerstone of your development will be the ability to rotate through varied IT roles, both within Ford Credit Europe and Ford Motor Company.
Throughout your graduate career and beyond, certain roles will develop specific technical skills and others will focus on key leadership competencies, such as Project Management. This will involve exciting opportunities to contribute at an international level across our global organisation giving you the ability to choose whether to experience different roles across our wider business-facing and operations teams or to focus upon a particular technical discipline and move between projects/departments across both Ford Credit Europe and Ford Motor Company. Either way, there's no chance you'll be bored! When you join us, you will benefit from our structured Competency Development Framework to help you understand what your contribution will be. You will be assigned objectives with impact from the start, enabling you to enjoy the challenge of making a real difference in your role from day one.
We also offer a strong support framework for new hires, beginning with your supervisor and a community of your peers, and continuing with all the support you will need to direct your own learning, with the freedom to explore topics of interest to you. If you're an IT professional keen to work in a variety of challenging global roles, make a real contribution and enjoy high-quality development, a career at Ford Credit Europe could be the perfect solution.
To be part of our future, you will need:
- A minimum 2:1 degree, ideally with an IT or business related discipline
- Experience working with IT solutions
- Effective interpersonal skills and a strong team working ethos
- An ability to communicate clearly in writing, over the phone, using social media and face-to-face
- To be highly motivated and have a pro-active approach from day one
- An innovative flair and ability to creatively problem-solve
- A strong customer focus
Benefits: - Salary: £34,000 per annum + competitive benefits
- Eligible to join the Defined Contribution Pension Fund.
- Holiday entitlement: starting at 26 days annually (Jan-Dec) plus Public Holidays
- Ford Discount- Ford Credit employees and family members are able to purchase Ford vehicles at a discounted rate
- Lifeskills Programme which provides financial support for educational activities, professional subscriptions and tutor led fitness activities
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a graduate who has either recently qualified or has a few years post graduate experience, or for a graduate who is still studying and looking for a graduate programme to start next summer 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959604745