Digital Communications Officer (Mat Cover)
Digital Communications Officer (Mat Cover) – Gloucester
Salary £21,000 - £26,500
Our client is urgently looking to appoint a Digital Communications professional to help them in their work in the field of Higher Education.
The successful candidate would be part of the Marketing and Production Team, supporting the development and management of the group’s websites.
Work is underway to launch a new website early next year, so the role will include writing and editing web copy, creating pages using a content management system, and applying metadata to documents.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Maintain, manage and continue to develop the group’s websites as communication tools and accessible resources for stakeholders
- Develop, create and edit effective and engaging digital content for all digital communication channels
- Research and analyse requirements of users of the digital communication channels, proposing and implementing changes
- Monitor and analyse the impact and effectiveness of the digital communication channels, presenting findings to senior colleagues
- Ensure that all digital content adheres to brand guidelines while remaining accessible and meeting the needs of users
- Liaise with third-party suppliers and freelancers, monitoring their delivery and quality of work
- Monitor adherence to policies, procedures and guidance relating to digital communications
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and best practice in digital communications, advising senior colleagues of developments and the implications for the organisation
Copywriting and editing skills are essential, along with experience of working with a content management system, a good understanding of search engine optimisation, strong organisational skills, and knowledge of responsive design and user experience principles.
This is a maternity cover role until at least 21 December 2018, working 35 hours a week.
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77751822