Company description: SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Job description: We have an exciting opportunity for a Dimensional Engineer to join our global organisation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of competence within the calibration/inspection field in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The salary for this position is £19,000 - £22,000 per annum depending upon experience, working 38.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). SGS offer an excellent benefits package including an annual bonus scheme, matching pension scheme, private healthcare after 1 years' service, childcare vouchers and discount schemes etc.
* To have an understanding of the calibration of instrumentation against required standards following controlled procedures in order to become competent in this service area.
* To have an understanding of manual dimensional calibration/inspection using dimensional equipment and known standards in accordance with international standards, local operating procedures and drawings in order to become competent in this service area and be able to deliver the service unsupervised.
* To calibrate / inspect / certify customer equipment to the local procedures, ensuring the customers' requirements are met to a high standard within the designated timescale.
* To have an understanding of the repairing of dimensional equipment as required at SGS's premises or at client sites to meet customer requirements and quoting an appropriate amount if required.
* To generate certification, in various formats, in line with procedures to an acceptable standard (i.e. UKAS) and ensure the validity of the results presented in order to minimise the delivery of erroneous results.
* To complete all certificates, reports and expenses in a concise and timely manner to allow job completion and administration requirements to be undertaken within required client timescales.
* Communicate with customer contacts providing prompt and accurate responses to their needs and record all communications in order to maintain a high service level.
* To have an understanding of technical drawings to carry out first principle inspection as well as some CMM understanding.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of working in an engineering environment
* Experience of working with drawings * Operating/programming a CNC CMM
* Operating a manual CMM
* Experience of calibration activities
* Good communication skills.
* Computer literate in MS word, excel, internet etc
* GCSE (maths, English and science), or equivalent.
* Driving license
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77763678