Fabrication Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Trant Engineering Limited is an Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process, International and Control & Automation. We have over 700 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £140m in 2017, it could not be a better time to join the business.
As part of our expansion plans we are seeking a Fabrication Design Engineer/Draftsman, with appropriate experience, to join our in-house design and DFM/DFA team.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and drawing together inputs from the client and mechanical teams you will produce detailed designs for mechanical process systems including the development of concept designs through to fabrication and assembly drawings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
- Attending regular update meetings with the manufacturing workshop
- Providing clearly detailed fabrication and assembly drawings
- Ensuring compliance to specifications in multiple industry sectors
- Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
- Assisting the mechanical design engineers when required
- Creating ‘As-Built’ drawings to submit to the client
- Thorough knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
- Proven ability to provide full and detailed fabrication and assembly drawings
- IT literate, must be a proficient user of Microsoft and relevant drafting packages such as: Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or similar.
- Capable of producing BOMs
- Experience in the design of pipework, sheet metal enclosures, tanks, welded frames, machined and prototyped parts
- Strong analysis background
- Experience using various materials
- Large assembly and moving parts design
- Experience in DFM/DFA
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value
In addition to being HND/degree qualified, you will have previously worked in a similar role. In return, Trant will provide support and encouragement to develop your career and pursue further professional qualifications.
*Trant Engineering Limited is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/77773427