Quality Assurance Test Engineer
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously
What we are looking for:
A highly experienced and technically proficient Test Engineer who has an expert knowledge of automation, test tools, testing and QA practices, to help design and undertake the testing phase of new and existing software and hardware upgrades to support the delivery of technically complex and/or multiple quality IT solution.
With a deep knowledge of industry testing practices, technologies and processes this key individual will act as an internal reference point to other key stakeholders and 3rd parties, they will develop and drive forward innovation in test practices, focusing on optimization, whilst seeking and implementing continuous improvements and actively ensuring that all testing activities are undertaken in line with the internal standards and policies.
This expert will share their knowledge, providing coaching and mentoring to colleagues to meet the strategic goals within IT Quality Engineering and to support others to reach their potential.
- Strong experience in Software Testing, with expert knowledge of Automation, Testing and QA practices, with experience of designing and undertaking the testing phase of technically complex IT solutions.
- A proven ability in creating test strategies, test plans, writing test cases and running functional, automated and performance / non-functional tests.
- Technically proficient in a minimum of 1 specialised subject matter (Non-Functional Testing, Performance, Mobile / Digital Testing, Automation).
- Solid experience in test-driven development, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline.
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC.
- Experience of working in the financial sector (desirable).
Role related knowledge:
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, Waterfall SDLC.
- Excellent knowledge of Testing Standards, Test approaches and strategies with experience of adopting new concepts / test practices.
- Expert knowledge of Automation, Testing and QA practices, with experience of designing and undertaking the testing phase of technically complex IT solutions.
- Experience of mentoring / coaching others and conducting peer reviews and feedback sessions.
- Experience in test planning, using test tools and techniques to compliment defined test approaches.
- Experience in test analysis, design and execution, with the ability to think logically and create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes ensuring quality solutions.
- Excellent understanding of Test Environment architecture layers (servers, applications and databases).
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft (SQL, .Net, Java), Oracle (PL/SQL) and basic Unix
- Ability to follow processes and procedures (governance)
- Strong team player, with excellent communication skills (all levels/audiences)
- Willingness to understand new technologies, acquire new skills and attend internal/external training sessions
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescale
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Desired - Experience of using JIRA and Confluence
- Desired - Experience of working in financial services
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77656866