Engineering Project Manager
Project Manager - Worcestershire
This is a Project Management role leading the development of instrumentation subsystems or new platforms. The Project Manager will work with teams of multi-disciplinary scientists and engineers within new product development, as well as
global development, manufacturing and supplier bases. Good leadership and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to solve complex problems.
The role requires a qualification in a physical science or engineering (degree or equivalent) together with experience managing high technology projects.
- Leading cross-functional project team with direction and vision to deliver new products to agreed project goals.
- Understand the key project drivers (time, quality and cost) and use good judgement in balancing off these factors to achieve project goals.
- Have sufficient understanding of technical aspects to anticipate and assess project issues, evaluating what is achievable or possible with acceptable risk.
- Continuously monitor progress in terms of plan and budget.
- Produce task estimates, project plans and forecasts based upon input from the project team and business stakeholders.
- Work within a quality framework (ISO9001/TickIT).
- Writing specifications and providing status reports to senior management as necessary
- Manage project in line with business NPI procedures
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable cross-functional project management skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience with modern project management techniques (eg. Agile, scrum)
- A strong track record in working effectively to project timescales
- Experience of integrating a product into manufacturing
- Structured and logical approach
- Familiarity with a number of technical disciplines: mechanics, optics, electronics, software
- Knowledge of project financial (e.g. EVM, NPV) project cost models
- Knowledge of scientific instrumentation
- Familiarity of working in a ISO9000/TickIT environment
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Hands-on approach
- Ability to work effectively with commercial groups
- Able to travel and work with teams across the globe
- Member of APM/MSc project management
- Experience of modern product development and manufacturing techniques (lean)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77787000