Apprentice Software Developer
Apprentice Software Developer
An excellent opportunity to join A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, in Wolverhampton, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.35 billion.
Today A.F. Blakemore is the largest member of SPAR UK, owning 300 SPAR stores whilst servicing more than 1,000 in total across England and Wales through its Blakemore Logistics operation.
Position: Software Developer Apprenticeship
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme.
Closing date: December 15, 2017
About the role:
The job which will ideally suit someone that is keen and motivated in developing their software development skills. You will have experience of developing software and have the ambition and enthusiasm to turn you skills into a long-term career.
Expected apprenticeship duration is 24 months.
- Developing the integrity of business applications, analysis, project planning, development, testing and implementation of software solutions in Progress Open Edge.
- You will also be providing a troubleshooting and first and second line support activity, automating IT operational tasks.
- Longer term the IT roadmap may also include the opportunity to cross train in C# and XRM.
- Liaising with users to understand their requirements.
- Analyse and document the requirements, code, test and implement solutions.
- Project management, user training and project sign off Scripting – automation and running control mechanisms as required.
- Database administration and performance.
- Application integration, team leading responsibility.
- You will possess a minimum 3 A’ Levels at grade C or above (or equivalents)
- A computing qualification will be an advantage
- Experience of developing software. This could be through education or in a social / leisure based environment e.g. developing games
- Experience of being in a work environment (e.g. part time or weekend work)
- Located in or willingness to re-locate to the West Midlands
- Willingness to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes and stay away from home overnight
- Strong numerical skills
- An inquisitive mind, you will enjoy problem solving
- Attention to detail
- An interest in IT
- Ability to travel, work flexible hours and be available for out of hours support as agreed
A.F. Blakemore is dedicated to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity, with a long-standing commitment to the local communities where it operates.
You may have experience of the following: Software Developer Apprentice, Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Trainee Software Developer, Trainee, Trainee IT Software Developer, Junior IT Software Developer, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.