Academic Mentor - English
English Graduates - paid experience in an English Department - established Bradford Secondary School
Are you an English graduate who is keen to build experience in preparation to become an English teacher and would love to spend the full academic year as an Academic Mentor supporting learners in your subject?
Would you be interested in a new role in Bradford as an English Academic Mentor?
If you are keen to work as a Secondary English Academic Mentor before considering a PGCE or other teacher training, this Academic Mentor role in a fabulous, Bradford based Secondary school could be perfect for you!
Read on to find out more, and click apply to send your CV to Amy at i-teachers today!
Requirements of the Academic Mentor role:
- English Graduate, 2:1 or above required
- Experience working with young people, e.g. tutoring
- A passion to raise attainment, aspirations and attendance of disadvantaged pupils
- Able to travel to central Bradford (easily accessed by train, bus or car)
- Available for the rest of the academic year, working Monday-Friday
The role of the Academic Mentor role will involve:
- Supporting pupils with 1:1 & small group interventions
- Working on planning & marking of the English curriculum
- Supporting Year 7- Year 11 groups, focus on GCSE exam preparation
- Exposure to the English Language and Literature KS3 & 4 curriculum
- Receiving guidance & advice on PGCE applications/ School's Direct training options
- Becoming part of a welcoming teaching team with your own dedicated mentor
- Earning up to £300 per week
The English Department have a bespoke programme that is specifically designed to help high achieving graduates build paid experience prior to starting teacher training, so you can experience school life as a Teaching Assistant, whilst being paid an potentially opening doors for your training and English Teaching career!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77771804