Solutions Design Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for a Solutions Design Engineer at this superb manufacturer in Rotherham.
Our client is a British manufacturer founded in 1984 who create solutions to meet the challenges of integrating power and media access for people working in offices and are part of a global data communications Group.
As a Solutions Design Engineer you will design bespoke solutions to complement and extend our client’s standard product range, and to support Continuous Improvement in-house projects. This may also require you to value engineer existing components within the business and repatriate components supplied by subcontractors where possible.
• Be responsible for the design of bespoke products to customer requirements
• Design of customised metalwork to enhance standard products
• Bill of Materials creation and packaging considerations
• Production of assembly drawings and instructions
• Communicate with sub-contractors who provide special fabrication and coating services.
• Discuss proposals with Sales and where necessary with the Client, occasionally at their premises
• Quick turnaround from request to solution is essential
• Undertake projects for the improvement of current products.
• Undertake projects to support Continuous Improvement activities
• Travel to other sites within the group or sub-contractors will be required.
• A reasonable amount of additional (unpaid) hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
• Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your Manager, to meet the changing needs of the business.
In the role of Solutions Design Engineer you will work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and there is a salary on offer of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Solutions, design, engineer, projects,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77778523