Merchandiser Entry Level
Missguided is not only one of the fastest growing online ladies fashion retailers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.?
We have just moved into new, state of the art premises as we look to increase our turnover to ?1bn in the next 5 years and we are looking for people who have the drive and ambition to help us achieve this goal to join our team at this exciting time.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with our current team to help Missguided develop and expand further.? Our ideal candidate is someone who can add new ideas, experience, energy and enthusiasm into the mix.? The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive from working in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Role Summary - Merchandiser
Creation of the Departmental strategy and implementation of the Divisional strategy by delivering a product offer that exceed customers? expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities - Merchandiser:
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, sales and profit targets.
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximise sales and profit and reduce. stockholding whilst increasing stock turn.
- Maximise winners and reduce risk in order to achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin.
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability.
- Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analysing action taken on mark-downs to maximise profit.
- Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to senior management and Buyer.
Range Building and Planning
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the Buyer that achieve sales and profit targets and implement the agreed departmental strategy.
- In conjunction with the Buyer, agree a framework with Merchandising and Buying directors within which a balanced, commercial and profitable range is built.
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department?s phased plans.
- Create a range plan for both Retail Stores and Ecom.
- Present the range for review achieving senior management agreement.
- Work closely with Wholesale team to deliver ranges for all partners.
- Manage product trialing activity with the Buyer.
- Continuously monitor competitor activity, demonstrating an understanding of ranges and pricing structure.
- Manage the intake of stock in line with agreed stock levels.
- Plan availability schedule for new and continuity product.
- Manage the development of new stock packages.
- Manage the 'Open to buy' thorough the season, to increase flexibility throughout the season, ensuring commitment is managed in line with Divisional needs.
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock.
- by ensuring planned launch dates are met and sales and stock are potentialised through production planning.
- managing the intake of stock from suppliers.
- managing terminal stock.
- Manage stock flow through Distribution Centre, resolving any issues that arise.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Analyse Suppliers? delivery performance and, in conjunction with the Buyer, take appropriate actions
- Contribute to future supplier strategies
- Measure products? performance against agreed quality standards and take necessary action with suppliers
- Manage the performance of direct reports, setting objectives, giving regular feedback and addressing poor performance
- Provide training and development to staff.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels,
- Encourage an environment of open communication within the team and the building of effective cross functional relationships.
- To participate in projects and working parties, or to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit, that will benefit the individual, the Division or the Company as a whole.
- Gather relevant market, competitor and customer information in order to support personal development.
- Drive continuous process improvements.
Skills, Abilities & Experience - Merchandiser
- System skills (SAP, Microsoft Office-Outlook, Excel to Intermediate/Advanced level).
- Critical path management.
- Sales Analysis and Forecasting.
- WSSI Management.
- Preferably educated to degree level with min. GCSE Maths B grade.
- Experience in merchandising in a fast-moving retail environment.
- Preferably stores and eCommerce Experience
What We Will Give You:
- A competitive salary
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days? holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Staff discount
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Death in service benefits
- Regular team and companywide social events and parties
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77781601