Do you want to use you listening and practical skills to support someone with mental health or learning disability needs?
Are you dynamic and caring individual who enjoys working with people in community and in a person centred way?
Then why not consider joining our community outreach team?
Community Recovery Mental Health and Learning Disability Outreach Worker
We work in Barrow in Furness and the surrounding area providing both community mental health and learning disability support. You will provide flexible re-enablement support to people with support needs (mental health/learning disability) to enable them to develop the skills to lead independent lives, promote their quality of life and personal development. You will engage with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships, working to encourage a positive life outlook and coping skills. Your role will include visiting service users in their own homes or in other settings as part of a structured approach, working closely with other professionals and agencies to provide a co-ordinated service which meets the identified needs of the individuals.
You will receive extensive training and excellent peer support.
Key skills we need:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- A person who is supportive, proactive, responsible and good at motivating people
- Experience of working in the care and support sector is preferred; however, if you are a student who has recently completed a relevant qualification and you share our drive, values and passion for helping people with mental health needs, then we would also like to hear from you.
- This role could involve delivering personal care.
- It is beneficial you are a car driver.
- Good written communication also important.
We are considering applications for individuals seeking a full or part time role (minimum of 15hrs up to 37.5hrs per week) for which being a driver is essential.
We do not accept CVs as a form of application, applicants must submit a completed Creative Support application form which can be requested or downloaded via the listed methods. An enhanced DBS check is required for which we pay. Creative Support is not a recruitment sourcing agency; all employees are directly employed by our organisation. We do not accept cold calls or sales/marketing contact from recruitment candidate sourcing/advertising agencies. Upon receipt of your application we will email you a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us via telephone or email. Contact information can be found on our company website.