Merchandiser – The Company
A Multi Brand Fashion Distributor and Retailer based in prestigious central London offices are looking for a Merchandiser to join their growing team.
They currently have a number of stores across Central London and have a thriving website. They require a Merchandiser to manager the stock and increase sales. They are a small team and are looking for an ambitious candidate who isn’t afraid of a challenge. This is a key role in the team where what you do has a direct impact on the continued success of the business.
Merchandiser - The Role
- Monitoring stock and sales across all retail stores and websites, allocating, replenishing and transferring stock between stores where necessary
- Managing deliveries to retail with warehouse and reviewing and updating any discrepancies on the system
- Collating reports on daily sales, bestsellers and stock, taking action where necessary and discussing proposals with line manager
- Preparing retail price lists and sale price list for all stores, proposing mark down price and promotional activity
- Regular visits to the stores to ensure standards are kept to the highest level and provide support to the teams and store rota planning
- Ensuring sales post from our intercompany retail/wholesale system and matching the websites’ invoices and credits against the website backend
- Maintaining information on SAP, including prices, barcodes and stock information
- Attending buying meetings, preparing reports on stock/sell through/bestsellers by store for all brands
- Managing information for House of Fraser store concession and website concession, including creation of HOF’s product information database, uploading images and prices, and ensuring all items go live without issue
- Managing stock take of all stores, scanning stock, loading results to SAP and investigating any issues
- Arranging end of season stock returns to the warehouse, collating list for stores, checking discrepancies, confirming collection with warehouse and ensuring GRN and credits added correctly
- Assisting in new store opening
Merchandiser - The Candidate
- Must be highly organised and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, plan, multi-task and work under pressure
- Good commercial awareness and able to use initiative and make recommendations to maximise sales
- Flexible and be able to meet deadlines and be team player and proactive and confident to self-manage their workload
- Analytical, with experience of preparing reports, handling data and understanding figures. Experience of using SAP and retail system is preferred
- Excellent MS Office skills: good with Excel (V-lookups and Pivot Tables)
- The successful candidate must have worked within a UK retailer in fashion or non-fashion with similar experience of at least 3 years
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77786148