Senior Buyer - Semi-Conductor
The post holder will be responsible for all suppliers within an assigned commodity base, providing support on tactical accounts whilst actively managing the top 20 suppliers within this portfolio on areas such as pricing (reductions/increases), stock holding, capacity planning, risk mitigation, obsolescence, quality issues, LTAs/buffer stock agreements/NDAs.
My client is ideally looking for an individual who can hit the ground running.
A leading manufacturer who supply in to the Semi-Conductor industry.
- Create and develop a commodity specific strategy ensuring areas of risk are identified, addressed and where possible mitigated. Short/medium and long term plans addressing cost and lead time reductions to be created and managed until implementation
- The post holder will be required to manage projects fully by means of carrying out the necessary analysis, market research, issuing RFQs
- Project managing outsourcing activities and small NPI projects
- Liaise with tactical procurement team regularly to set up agreed replenishment methods e.g. consignment stock, buffer stock, lead time agreements
- Hold regular face to face supplier meetings and internal stakeholders including Engineering/Operations
- The role demands an awareness of commercial contracts and an absolute understanding of the importance of personal integrity in negotiations and discussions with suppliers
- The role requires a strategic and proactive approach to VE/VA activities and outsourcing opportunities to reduce efficiency and drive out unnecessary costs and long lead times from the supply chain
- Proven track record in a demanding Manufacturing environment
- Proven track record working in a JIT environment
- Background in VA/VE projects
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and drive business improvements
We are looking for a progressive individual who can one hit the ground running leave areas for long term development.
Salary is very competitive for the Bristol location and is above the market average for the Region.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77780354