Head of Internal Audit and Risk
Partner Financial is working with a FTSE listed technology group to identify a successful individual for the newly created role of Head of Internal Audit & Risk. The Group is ideally positioned to continue to expand both by acquisition and from a continuation of momentum from within the business.
On the back of significant growth it has been decided that it is essential that there is a dedicated focus on its internal controls, risks and processes to ensure that there is an improvement and standardisation of controls across the group.
This is a newly created position working closely with the Chairman of the Audit Committee and Chief Financial Officer to provide a robust and independent assessment of the Group’s internal controls. A key contributor to the development of the Audit and Risk function, this is a highly visible role that requires gravitas, motivation and agility.
- Leading the design and delivery of an internal audit plan that provides the senior management team with internal control assurance across the group;
- Addressing fundamental internal control weaknesses and shortfalls to senior management and developing audit opinions;
- Continuing the development of the Group’s Minimum Controls – developing a handbook of minimum expected controls covering key business areas;
- Undertaking internal audits of subsidiary companies – covering areas across financial controls, commercial agreements, IT controls and HR processes;
- Maintaining a close working relationships with the Chairman of the Audit Committee and broader senior management team to deliver effective results and actions to designated deadlines;
- Working with the risk management team to promote the awareness and adoption of a risk mitigating culture;
- Taking ownership for the corporate risk register and continue the drive to implement risk registers for each business function;
- Assisting to develop a reporting framework for how risk is communicated and managed with the Board of Directors;
- Participating in the annual renewal of corporate insurance policies;
- Work with 3rd party assurance providers to co-ordinate audits either in locations where local language skills are necessary or where specialist auditing skills/knowledge are required. Manage budgets accordingly;
- Attending the Audit Committee meetings and providing oversight of all internal audit activities across the Group, to include discussion of audit plans and findings, recommendations and monitoring corrective actions;
- Providing assurance over key strategic projects. Including a focus on projects related to the delivery of synergies;
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Accountant or Internal Auditor with relevant internal audit experience from either a corporate or in a Big 4 advisory capacity. You will be a self-starter, accurate and able to communicate clearly and confidently across finance and non-finance globally. You will be comfortable with up to 35% travel and will thrive with the challenge of working within a fast paced growth environment where there is constant change to manage. Ideally you will be open to future career opportunities within the group that may take you outside of the core elements internal audit and risk into more commercial areas within the group.
- Professional qualification (ACA, IIA) and extensive internal audit experience in a listed business;
- Strong technical background in internal audit and control, along with an understanding of various risk management frameworks across the majority of business areas;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders;
- The ability to lead, take control and initiate change;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to seek out and understand the granular levels of detail.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Andrew Waters. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.