Client Service Administrator (Tax) - London, BDO
The successful candidate will support the BDO London Employment Tax team (LET) in terms of the project management and administration of different Quality, Risk and Tax processes and procedures. It involves working closely with the LET leadership and also providing support to the wider team. Note that this role is an administrative yet fee earning role. It is not a tax advisory role and does not include support with tax exam training.
Ideally a full time position, however this role could also be suitable for candidates requiring a shorter working day (e.g. to fit with child/elderly care) or those who are seeking a 4 day week.
This role will include responsibility for the following tasks:
• Of primary importance, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that BDO’s internal risk procedures are adhered to, supported by the Director who is in charge of risk for LET.
• Providing all new joiners to the LET team with awareness training re the above and all new joiners below AM level with hands-on training so that they can also adhere to BDO’s internal risk procedures and prepare these forms for manager review.
• Working with the Partner and Director responsible for risk on internal BDO protocols. This will include ongoing project management and action in respect of any expiring CTO and ELs.
• Until the date of transition to the Shared Service Centre of the bulk of the work, responsible for Client Take On process, Money Laundering, 64-8, DOTAS forms, etc. Once the transition has taken place the work required in this area will adapt and a new process will need to be devised for LET to remain compliant. Training in these areas will be given. All technical decisions remain the ultimate responsibility of the requesting manager.
• Devising and rolling out a DMS protocol for LET.
• Project Management administration of the LET P11D, PSA processes: working with the responsible managers to agree an annual timeline, maintain tracker, ensure scope of work is adequate to protect the firm, client liaison, prepping P11Ds and in some cases prepping PSA calculations for manager review, submissions to HMRC.
• CIS registration process work as required.
• Maintaining and communicating LET’s weekly chargeability stats to enable better financial management of the team.
• Tracking and project managing the LET Audit Assist process.
• Coordination of the National ET Training programme.
• Working with the Partner’s PA in terms of organising the National ET Conference.
• Support to the Partner in terms of the National Leadership Meeting minutes and progression of actions by the National Partner/Principal/Director team.
• Supporting the team with various strategic matters (e.g. developing and maintaining a bank of standard letters, developing a specific ET EL) and identifying opportunities to improve administrative processes to improve efficiencies..
• Preparing client billing schedules where required.
• Guidance to the team re work-related social media, as required.
• Supporting the Partner (and as capacity allows, other LET team members where appropriate) to manage their LinkedIn accounts and ensure that there are regular postings and updates.
• Supporting LET with research on clients/targets for BD purposes.
• Other process/admin work as required by the team (NB not secretarial support).
No previous tax knowledge is required but the candidate should be able to evidence a successful history of administration / project management experience. Attention to detail is vital, as is the ability to build relationships internally both with the team and with relevant contacts in the wider BDO business. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & ideally also Visio is required.