EN-Projects designs, builds and equips hospitals in developing countries worldwide. We are seeking a multi-talented individual with the drive and enthusiasm to support our projects. The role will be varied and the successful candidate will be expected to support all aspects of our current projects and proposals. Tasks will include preparation of tenders and proposals, medical equipment sourcing and procurement, logistics and shipping, supporting equipment installations and maintenance, client reports, documentation and administration, and a range of other supporting roles. The role offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in all aspects of our projects from proposals and initial award through implementation to completion and maintenance. There may be some international travel.
The successful applicant will be an effective communicator with the ability to work under their own initiative and with a strong teamwork ethic. Attention to detail, flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to prioritise and manage tasks with fixed deadlines are all essential for this role.
Strong IT skills are necessary and experience of any or all of the following would be an advantage: medical equipment, purchasing, logistics, project administration, project management, international work; although applicants with the right attributes and who are willing to learn will also be considered.
This role would equally suit an experienced individual looking for a new career opportunity, or an ambitious graduate looking for a challenging and varied opportunity.
To undertake specific tasks on identified projects, under the supervision of the management team, including:
Project Related Activities
Take a key role in project organisation including in particular the ordering and shipping of medical equipment. Tasks may include:
- Confirming equipment requirements through reviewing contracts, communicating with equipment manufacturers, communicating with the project team
- Manage the project plan and communicate with stakeholders with tasks, reports etc.
- Purchasing of equipment including creation of purchase orders, communication with equipment manufacturers and arranging payment of proforma invoices
- Coordinating delivery of equipment, including chasing suppliers to ensure lead times are met
- Coordinating distribution of equipment; preparing and coordinating equipment distribution logs
- Oversee equipment spending and provide reports on cost of equipment, shipping and other services
- Coordinate freight arrangements for goods including liaising with freight forwarders and manufacturers, creating and circulating relevant shipping documentation
- Specifying installation details and assisting with installation planning for medical equipment through liaison with equipment manufacturers and in-house Biomedical Engineers
- Coordinating equipment maintenance activities
- Amend and update the tracking sheets and other relevant documentation
- Manage own time and communications effectively to ensure that tasks are completed within deadlines and with the right quality
- Any other ad-hoc task allocated by the Project Manager to ensure the timely completion of project related activities.
Quotes and Proposals
Create tender applications / quotations that comply with the terms outlined in the tender documents / meet the customer requirements. Tasks may include:
- Create and agree a project plan specific to each tender application outlining deadlines and detailing documentation required to ensure our application is compliant.
- Apply for bank guarantees in accordance with the requirements of the tender.
- Amend and update internal documents such as Quote Tracking Sheets to collate information required to complete a tender application.
- Contact suppliers for quotations, manufacturer’s authorisations and warranty information.
- Delegate and oversee appropriate tasks to the Project Assistant where necessary. These could potentially include:
- Create and present product literature.
- Print, collate and stamp all documentation to be submitted as part of a tender application.
- Use templates to created dividers, folder covers and spines for presentation files.
- Manage time effectively to ensure that proposals are completed within deadlines.
- Any other adhoc task required to ensure the timely completion of tender applications.
- Assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and pre-qualification applications where required.
- Create and monitor cost and profit reports for submission to the General Manager or Company Director on request.
- Share useful knowledge and information with all colleagues including the General Manager, Project Manager(s), Project Assistant(s) and other Project Officers.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Project Assistant(s) to ensure that tasks are being completed and tender / project completion remains on target.
- Respond to telephone and e-mail enquiries.
- Provide general support to the team as part of a flexible working environment
- Undertake any other duties as requested appropriate to the grade of this post to ensure the smooth running of the office / project.
Person Specification and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally Microsoft Project.
- A love of mathematics / spreadsheets
- A flexible approach and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Superior attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Some knowledge of project management approaches; e.g. PRINCE2.
- Experience of managing others, being able to delegate and motivate more junior employees.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and hospital layout.
- An understanding of purchasing and logistics
To Apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter via the button below. Alternatively submit your CV and covering letter through the Guardian Jobs website.