Senior Trust and Statutory Fundraising Officer
Senior Trust and Statutory Fundraising Officer
Contract type: Permanent
35 hours per week
Salary: Up to GBP 35,000 per annum, Depending on Experience
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the British Red Cross. This is a permanent position within the Trusts and Statutory Fundraising team, based in Wales. We are looking for a motivated, dynamic fundraiser with experience of programme funding, who can build relationships with statutory and trust funders, support on and lead large-scale statutory funding bids, and work effectively with programme colleagues in Wales, across the UK. We are especially seeking someone with experience of securing programme funding for large-scale projects working on proposals to funders such as the Welsh Government, Big Lottery Fund, UK government and other major Charitable Trust and Statutory funders, individually or as part of a larger bid team.
This post is vital to achieving our ambitious growth objectives and making our income target in 2018 and beyond. The post holder will manage a portfolio of medium to high value trust and statutory relationships, securing funds in line with agreed income targets.
About the team
The British Red Cross is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organisation. The British Red Cross promotes humanitarian values and provides emergency help to people in short term crisis in the UK and overseas. Within the UK, the British Red Cross operates through 29,750 volunteers and 3,500 staff.
This is a role within the Trust and Statutory (TS) team within the High Value Giving & Events department, which also comprises the major donors, events and corporate fundraising teams. The T&S team has ambitious plans for growth and is targeted to raise GBP 7.6 million in 2018.
About the person
The successful candidate will have experience of fundraising, managing grants or contracts from a variety of external sources such as the, UK government, Lottery or other statutory donors. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of donor stewardship and donor care principles. We are looking for an individual who has exceptional written and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships and who meet the following essential skills for the role:
- Substantial experience and success in raising funds from Trusts / statutory donors including multi-year awards
- Demonstrable experience of managing grants from Statutory and Trust donors such as Big Lottery Fund and Welsh Assembly, and consistently achieving fundraising targets.
- Experience in managing and developing successful relationships with medium-high value Trust/statutory funders including the production and implementation of cultivation plans
- Direct experience of preparing high quality applications ranging in value from GBP 10k - GBP 100k+ to Trusts/statutory bodies
- Experience of preparing budgets for funding proposals
- Demonstrable understanding of donor care / development techniques in trust and / or statutory fundraising
- Strong written, oral communication, negotiation, persuasion, interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrable understanding/appreciation of donor care and ability to scale up relationships
- Computer literate
- Significant experience in use of fundraising databases
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on, Monday 8th January 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing, Monday 15th January 2018.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes PVG/DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis.