Network Analysis Engineer
You will be involved in all aspects of development of Lastline's Network Analysis product, from the efficient collection and storing of network data, to the design and implementation of novel detection algorithms. An important factor in the implementation of these new detection algorithms will be their performance and their ability to scale to very large networks. You will be coding, analyzing performance, and debugging problems. You will be involved in the creation of new, cutting-edge network security monitoring solutions in a large-scale IDS/IPS deployment.
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in network cyber security. The team encompasses a range of expertise in network detection that goes from low level packet sniffing to network detection and threat intelligence.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent programming skills (Python)
- Knowledge of networking monitoring principles, protocols, tools, and APIs.
- Experience in network intrusion detection concepts and approaches.
- BSCS or equivalent.
- Strong analytic thinking as well as the ability to understand and work reliably and responsibly in large codebases.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT WILL STRENGTHEN A CANDIDATE'S POSITION:
- Experience with NoSQL and bigdata technology such as Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch
- Experience with machine learning techniques
Lastline is a venture backed cyber security company with demonstrably the industry’s best network-based defense against targeted, evasive and zero-day attacks. Lastline is focused on real-time analysis of advanced malware and knowing the Internet's malicious infrastructure.
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in cyber security. Our team values excellence, continuous innovation, getting stuff done quickly, transparent communication, and a friendly work environment.