Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting a Qualified Accountant for a public sector organisation based in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual who has excellent accounting knowledge to help perform various duties within the business. The role is for a 2 month temporary contract, reporting into the Accounting Manager.
- Preparation of annual accounts for both revenue and capital expenditure.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Supervising other members of the team.
- To lead on the completion of grant claims, statistical and statutory returns.
- Review of balance sheet.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Outstanding accounting knowledge.
- Qualified or Part-Qualified CCAB.
- Previous experience of working within a Public Sector finance team.
- IT literate, including Microsoft Office, and most importantly Excel.
- Ability to lead on financial and accounting tasks on a project basis.
- Time management and organisation skills. The ability to prioritise, multi task and cope with interruptions whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
Salary & Benefits
- £17 per hour + holiday pay
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch.
This role is for an immediate start.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement