An exciting opportunity has arisen for Community Support Workers to join a leading organisation that supports adults with learning disabilities across Northamptonshire. In return we offer a competitive hourly pay rate, effective supervision, coaching/mentoring, support and appropriate training.
We exist for the well-being of people with learning difficulties. Our services include residential care and support, day services, supported living, educational programmes and volunteering opportunities.
The Community Connectors will be responsible for supporting adults with learning disabilities to help make connections within their local communities concentrating on employment opportunities, building social networks, developing skills, broadening relationships and increasing community inclusion.
The Community Support Worker’s role will involve:
- Working with customers and families, assisting individuals to move away from dependency upon services and move towards inclusive citizenship
- Encouraging local community groups, associations and clubs to welcome our customers
- Providing the practice of skills for using public transport
- Actively supporting the development and living of a quality lifestyle, as determined by the person being supported.
- Promoting, developing, nurturing and supporting the maintenance of friendships, networks, and circles of support
- Enabling access to and inclusion within mainstream community resources/facilities etc.
- Actively promoting and supporting independence and the persons positive reputation
- Managing risks in ways which do not compromise an individual’s choice and the gaining of citizenship
- Assisting customers to get communication aids create communication passports and do whatever you can to make it easier for people to communicate with members of the public
- Helping facilitate person centred planning meetings with the individual, their families, carers and other involved in their lives
The essential qualities for the Community Support Worker are:
- Have understanding/experience of the value of community-focused services and are passionate about communities as providing opportunities for social inclusion
- IT literate
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills and good networkers
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Driver and willing to travel to localities within Northamptonshire
It is essential applicants hold a full UK driving licence and have access to their own transport.
The hours of work will be flexible, and will mostly be daytime but also some evenings and weekends.
We do not accept CV as a form of application, applicants must submit a completed Creative Support application form which can be requested or downloaded via the listed methods. An enhanced DBS check is required, which we pay for. Creative Support is not a recruitment sourcing agency; all employees are directly employed by our organisation. We do not accept cold calls or sales/marketing contact from recruitment candidate sourcing/advertising agencies. Upon receipt of your application we will email you a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us via telephone or email. Contact information can be found on our company website.