Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) - Sports | School Based Experience Required | 1-1 Support | Secondary School
A Secondary School in South London are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) specialising in Sport and supporting a student with ASD to join their staff and provide cross curriculum support.
This school offers a supportive learning environment and are dedicated to inclusion. The role will involve working within the SEN department and in collaboration with Subject Teachers. Successful candidates will be required to provide both in class and one-to-one support to a range of mixed ability students.
Experience supporting students with a variety of Special Educational Needs and Behavioural Difficulties is ideal but not essential. This position offers a real scope for training and professional development as well as an opportunity to make a real contribution to the education of individual students.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Be educated to a degree level
- Have proven experience working with young people in a secondary school setting
- Previously supported students with SEN - predominately be able to work 1-1 with a student with ASD
- Be committed, flexible and able to use own initiative
- Have good knowledge of the UK national curriculum for KS3-5
- Have sporty background, or have a keen interest in sport
You will receive free, CPD Training, as well as enjoy working with a variety of secondary schools. Moreover you will be working with your own dedicated consultant from HAYS, who hold the Department of Education Quality Mark.
To apply for this position, or to find other Learning Support Assistant roles in the region of London, please send your CV to Kavita Amin today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77770435